In today's lesson I am going to share with you:
3 different immune boosting meal options using foods from The Top Immune Boosting Foods list form your download guide.
I am also going to share with you two more of the tip top foods you can be using as much as possible in your recipes for their superior viral protection benefits.
PURE Food Challenge Homework:
1. Come up with your own version of either sweet potato or yam toast and post a picture on the group fb wall. (Scroll down to see recipe below).
2. Continue using immune boosting foods from the list in your download guide to make PURE meals and share photos of what you make on the FB group wall.
Option 1 - Broccoli and Salmon With Smokey Ginger Fusion Sauce... Simple immune boosting dinner.
1 T toasted sesame oil
1/3 - 1/2 bottle coconut aminos
1 cap full of liquid smoke (find in most bigger grocery stores)
Trader Joes Chili Onion Crunch or red pepper flakes
a knob of fresh grated ginger
Option 2 - RawSome Sweet Potato Toast
I wanted to make a RawSome Immune Boosting special breakfast for all of you egg lovers out there and I am so thrilled with what popped into my mind! Loaded with high antioxidants, phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals, this will keep you fueled up for many hours forward. Have it for breakfast, as a Balance Snack or for dinner. You decide!
Ideally what I teach in The PURE Healthy Way Membership Mastery Program is to pace into being able to fast 16 hours a day with an eating window of 8 hours. This eating window is then divided into 2 meals a day with no snacks in between. This is ideal and doesn't work for everyone, especially if you have blood sugar issues. When I train people how to take it in a one-step-at-a-time approach (as many of you may already know, having done my courses) I suggest that it is always best to have a balance snack if and when you begin to have any signs of blood sugar crashing.
This Sweet Potato Toast is a great thing to make up ahead and then you can have a little nibble if you need to between breakfast and dinner when learning to pace into eliminating lunch.
I have seen other versions out there on the internet of Yam Toast, like the one to the right. Most of them use avocado, which is a great idea. However, I wanted to come up with something different, and besides we are out of avocado.
In times such as these where we are hunkering down, not hitting the grocery store, willy nilly and have to work with what is on hand, I like the creative challenge of putting together something yum with minimal ingredients.
I honestly love the way this turned out (if I do say so myself!!!!)
It is the blending of the flavors that really surprised me.
Scroll below to get the ingredients and method to this new, very fun and satisfying RAWSome creation.
Ingredients & Method
1 large sweet potato, sliced longwise
1 heaping T of coconut oil melted
balsamic vinegar, approximately 1 T
red pepper flakes
salt, pepper & red pepper flakes to taste
several small sweet peppers
8-12 cloves garlic
PREHEAT OVEN TO 375
1. Mix melted coconut oil in a bowl with balsamic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and garlic granules.
2. Snip some of the rosemary into the bowl and save some to snip directly on the sweet potatoes once you place them in the baking dish.
3. Toss the sliced sweet potatoes in the melted coconut mixture and place in baking dish.
3. Add the sweet peppers.
4. Drop the garlic cloves into the bowl and toss around to coat in any left over coconut mixture.
5. Roast uncovered for 20 minutes and then turn slices over and roast another 20 minutes. Test with a fork to make sure it is soft in the middle.
a bag of spinach leaves (you will end up having left over spinach salad)
juice of 1 small lemon
2 T olive oil
1 tsp. maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste
1 ripe chopped tomato
chopped walnuts to garnish
6. While sweet potatoes roast put juice of lemon, olive oil, maple syrup and salt and pepper in the bottom of a salad bowl and mix together.
7. Add the chopped tomatoes and spinach and toss well.
8. Make 2-3 perfect 6 minute eggs as follows: Once the water boils, using a slotted spoon, immerse the egg into the boiling water. Set the timer for 6 minutes. Have a bowl of ice water waiting and once the timer goes off use the slotted spoon to transfer the hot eggs into the cold water.
9. Assemble by placing the sweet potato slices on a platter and place the dressed spinach on top of the flat sliced sweet potato. Slice up the eggs and peppers and add to each sweet potato. Scatter the roasted garlic here and there and sprinkle with chopped walnuts and there you go!
Two More Top Immune Boosting Foods To Help With Coronavirus Are Leeks and Coconut Oil
Option 3 -Cheeky Leeky Immune Boosting Curry Soup
Put everything in a stock pot and cook on medium until it starts to boild and then turn down and simmer until cooked to your liking approx. 30 minutes.
2 cartons broth (chicken is what I used but vegans can use homemade or carton veg broth)
2 leeks, sliced
2 parsnips chopped
1 package of washed spinach
6 Yukon gold potatoes, diced and then rinsed well to remove some of the starch
a dozen whole cloves of garlic
a dozen or so sliced mushrooms
Mix these things together in a bowl and then add to soup and mix in well.
2 T coconut oil, melted
juice of 4 limes
4 T coconut aminos
2 T maple syrup
2 T curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
fresh chopped cilantro
a handful of currants (makes it super yummy)
Post pictures of the immune boosting foods you are making to nourish yourself well!
Click NEXT to go to the group FB wall,